Seriously BLAME the Philippine TV Networks!!!

I began to think of the fan-fiction "Gokaiger vs. Samurai".  While it's a hate fic and I do agree with some of the bad reviews it's receiving that it's being undiplomatic (I seriously don't like PR Samurai but monsterizing them isn't right, besides I opened by Sentai blog with the initial reason to DEEPLY monsterize Power Rangers but I changed my mind over it) yet I can't help it but want to say this that the Philippine TV networks are more blameworthy than PR Samurai itself!  So what do I think?  Here's what I can remember...

ABS-CBN bringing Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in the 90s is what I'd call it would have not been a garbage move against Toku fans IF they also brought Super Sentai so at least we see BOTH sides of the coin comparing Zyuranger to MMPR and see how each sides differ.  Other countries manage to see both sides of the coin but why not the Philippines?!  I guess it's all out of American superiority mentality, perhaps corporate greed (that's my stand) and all.  And yeah, TV stations using Power Rangers as a monetizing tool so heavily... Super Sentai fans say, "WTF?!  What have we missed!"  And yeah it's just pretty upsetting.  Okay maybe I'm currently neutral with Power Rangers BUT the whole issue has to be with corporate greed and overly closemindedness.  Being closeminded can be a good thing in the right situation and vice versa.  Or is Sentai that expensive?!  Well I just thought of it that as much as I want to say this, I originally wanted my Sentai blog to bash Power Rangers endlessly... and give it a bad image but then that will NEVER bring Power Rangers fans to see the world of Super Sentai.  However again, I blame the networks more than I can ever blame Power Rangers.  If Japan can enjoy both, why not the Philippines?  I seriously have to say that the Japanese-Filipino war is OVER, America and Japan are no longer fighting.

Also all I can say is this... if the networks can show Anime, Kamen Rider, Gransazers, Ryukendo but WHY so stick to just Power Rangers?  Seriously Super Sentai is its original counterpart, Power Rangers is the adaptation under license!  No Super Sentai means no Power Rangers!  When can that enter into their heads?  And also here's something to that Zaido crap... the Philippine networks should at least try to secure Shinkenger for now and perhaps Dekaranger and Boukenger to make up for the damage SPD and that shitty Operation Overdrive caused (but then again, superficiality can victimize those shows).  It seems Kamen Rider is really overshadowing Super Sentai or even Power Rangers.  It might even inspire me to write a fic where the Power Rangers while trying to help Super Sentai gain recognition, realize that the Kamen Riders are helping them get recognition.

Seriously GMA don't EVER another Zaido show again.  Re-air NOT remake!!!!!!!

Comments