Getting too Choosy on Rice?


It really just irritates me to think that some people can be very choosy with buy rice.  For me, it's not that of a big deal as long as it's fresh, it's not stinky, no weevils to kill and no bad smell.  That's really okay.  To be honest, I'm starting to enjoy eating cheaper rice even if it's somewhat dry.  I just thought that I could care less about shorter grains, I care more how clean it was prepared.  That is, no pebbles, no weevils or anything that can't be consumed.  Now the new threat of choosy customers can be a reality.  It does become an issue they want the "perfect rice" but guess what- there is NO perfect rice!!!!  The businessmen are struggling hard to get great rice but they can never get the perfect rice.  Seriously even the best fail!


If they really want super long grain, why not get basmati?  Don't expect it to be cheap though!  However basmati is not starchy compared to most rice.  In fact, they'll complain about it.  I personally think that basmati rice is a nice retreat from the starchy type of rice.  I'm not very choosy!


Quality rice is THAT expensive!!!!  Don't expect the businessmen to sell it much lower or they'll lose their jobs!  Sigh even substitutes aren't considered.  All they want is the expensive rice sold cheap.  Seriously, that should stop!


I just thought sometimes you need to learn to eat cheaper stuff to save more money.  Sometimes cheaper rice is really better.

Sometimes it goes take some ethical wits to stay in power.

Comments