Coffee or Tea... My Thoughts of Drinking Both!


While I had my fascination with Chatime or how serving cold tea is now a new fad, yet cold coffee is sold at Chatime as well.  So I had my obsession with tea drinks lately while I would still snag a cup of coffee whenever I feel like it.  On the other hand, I have thought of that both drinks are beneficial in some ways- they both contain antioxidants and a mood lifter.  I had my thoughts on the tea and coffee industry with them as both competition and later substitutes.

In the past, coffee shops were the fad so even with an expensive cup of coffee, people felt good.  Coffee was more served than tea.  In American history, the Boston Tea Party used coffee as a protest against the British occupation.  From my time in my high school to early years in College, coffee was the fad.  However times changed a bit for the coffee shops.... they began to innovate while they were still known for coffee, they began to offer a wide variety of products in order to survive the evolution of business.

So what happened?  Coffee shops later started offering tea products as part of the menu then tea shops opened as well like Coffee Bean serves cold and hot tea as part of its regular menu.  Tea shops opened but they weren't purely tea shops either like for example, Chatime still serves coffee but mostly cold ones.  The rise of tea as a substitute to coffee may have been because of the tea having better health benefits than coffee, though coffee in itself is a mood lifter without any dangerous side effects.  However coffee isn't advisable for people with heart ailments or a history of them.  In fact, I've seen older men drink tea instead of coffee in a coffee shop while it also happened, there are a lot of young people in Chatime as well with the cold tea drinks.  Or some people in Chatime order coffee instead of tea depending on their mood.

So what happened is that both competition have ended up becoming complementary to each other's survival.

Comments