Character Improvement in Fiction Writing

I did remember Chris X's telling me that letting characters fail just to make it funny will soon get boring.  Characters need to improve and here are some examples:


Gai Yuki in Jetman is one example of character development.  Though he starts off as a character I initially disliked (due to him being the anti-thesis of my favorite character Ryu), he later develops into a more responsible member of the team.  In fact, he was the one who snapped Ryu out of his delusion and later pulled the team through difficult times.  Too bad he left us so soon.


I just had a thought on Mako's cooking could be used for character development.  While it apparently got worse in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers (since her cooking is used to punish people who are guilty of gross offenses!), in Super Sentai vs. Nickelodeon I had her improving her cooking at a moderate pace but Addie always bests her out making the love triangle between the two for Takeru more complicated.


Addie Singer in Unfabulous matures as the series goes by.  She starts off as bratty teenage daughter to a more sensible person in middle school.  In Super Sentai vs. Nickelodeon, she's far more responsible than she was in Unfabulous.


I just did what Stephen Hillenberg failed to do- letting Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward improve.

Comments