Mortal Kombat's Getting It Right in Gaming and Marketing!

For years I thought Mortal Kombat was one, too accessible and too simple. Eventually, it just lost touch but here's what happened...

During the time post MK Gold, Midway decided Mortal Kombat decided to change. So okay, it had Tekken's run around in circles since that was getting popular back then. Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance as much as I hate that game for killing off my all time favorite Liu Kang (ouch!), however it started to revolutionize Mortal Kombat. And now...

By Mortal Kombat Deception, even if I HATED Shujinko but I was glad they brought Liu Kang back even if he was a zombie, better than none. So yeah, I thought Mortal Kombat Deception brought a lot of stuff back like stage fatalities (but were in the form of cheap death traps, much like Virtua Fighter's ring out), two fatalities per character and a more balanced gameplay. Onaga's not much of a cheating AI for me though he's still really tough! Unfortunately Armageddon became quite a joke with its finishing moves and lacked the quality due to an uncontrollable amount of characters. Kreate-A-Fatality STINKS!

We have Mortal Kombat vs. DC which however for me isn't a very good game. I didn't mind the T rating, I just thought the story concept was more of a hate fic rather than the Mortal Kombat heroes teaming up with the DC heroes to beat the Mortal Kombat villains teaming up with the DC villains. Skipping that for...

Eventually Mortal Kombat by 2011 (now why does it get labeled as if it's the first game... LOL) was so much better. So here's Angry Joe's reviews of Mortal Kombat 2011 where despite the fact Raiden got so stupid in this game, it's a very good game if you ask me. I haven't played it fully since I was just renting the game, I don't have a PS3 or an XBox 360 at home... but let's just say it's pretty much like combining the aspects of Tekken's combo system without compromising MK fighting, the return to the 2D plane and a lot more cool features. Want to get the whole? Just listen to Angry Joe! Now I only have my complaints of Mk 2011 is that you can't really play as Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn outside a cheat device or maybe, I could talk about I would rather wish for some old fatalities back- some of them are lame for me but the gameplay and everything is PLAIN SOLID!

Comments