I'll Screw That J-Pop VS. K-Pop Internet "Rule" And Enjoy The Best Of Both

I can't help but think if there was Star Wars vs. Star Trek as a divide I guess there's the whole Japanese vs. Korean fan wars. It seems to be the greatest divide where some fans of Japanese entertainment bash Korean entertainment and vice-versa. I would admit I've been guilty of that during the Koreanovela craze. I wanted Korean shows to go away until I grew fond of them to a certain extent.


I wasn't always a fan of Korean shows or its culture. It felt strange to me and I'm a person who tends to have a very fixed, rigid mindset in many instances. Everything changed though for some stupid reasons like when I started tasting Korean food and liking it better than Japanese food. Kimbap was an improved version of sushi and some Korean shows were really that good. Hmmm I thought about this picture of Emi Takei eating Korean food. I'd like to imagine myself with a Japanese girl while eating Korean food.


Who says Koreans are always inferior? There are times some Korean doppelgangers actually look better (without surgeries) than their Japanese doppelgangers. A few instances I could name is that Song Hye Kyo looks prettier than Haruka Suenaga or my favorite example is that Suzy Bae is hotter than Maaya Uchida. While I usually prefer Japanese girls over Korean girls but I can't deny that those doppelgangers are mentioned are hotter than their Japanese counterparts.

While I may not enjoy K-Pop as much as J-Pop but some K-Pop songs get into me. I may not like a lot of Korean songs but I do enjoy Suzy's and Rain's songs. I can still enjoy the music of K-Drama even if I don't like KPop that much. I still enjoy the music of Kang Chi even if I still prefer Japanese music over Korean music. I could still enjoy Kang Chi better than its source material Inuyasha while I could still enjoy the latter's music more. I like Japanese music better than Korean music while I enjoy Korean food better than Japanese food.

I could really think about how I still thank Japan for what I'm enjoying. I've enjoyed the past Playstation systems, DVD technology and rice cookers. All the while, I'm using Japanese inventions to prepare Korean food. So I end up enjoying the best of both Japanese and Korean culture. Neither is perfect nor retarded. You can enjoy both of them!

Comments