The Asian-American Hate Crimes Suddenly Remind Me Of The 90s X-Men Cartoon By Haim Saban

It's really no secret that I'm dubbing the COVID-19 as the Legacy Virus in X-Men. I even want to imagine that Stryfe in Marvel Comics had a canister prepared with the SARS virus. Now, with the recent irony that's holding on in the U.S. against Asian-Americans - I'm just reminded of why I used to be a Marvel fan before the woke factor destroyed a lot, I mean a LOT, of my favorite characters and plotlines with retcons that just don't work. That includes Marvel's sudden tantrum and doesn't make sense retcon of Quicksilver's and Scarlet Witch's parentage to Magneto - something that kept the story more interesting than the sudden turn of events that are just unexplained. There was also Haim Saban who was involved with the Marvel Animated Universe bringing in the award-winning X-Men cartoon of the 90s. I dislike Power Rangers while still liking Saban's Marvel-based cartoons at the same time. 

The X-Men cartoon of the 90s did copy a plot from the comics namely the Legacy Virus. I don't know if it was supposed to be a metaphor for AIDS. However, I think it has become an unexpected metaphor for the COVID-19. Just seeing the discouraging news from ABC News where Asian-Americans are now outed out is something. It's times like this that I remembered my love/hate relationship with the class valedictorian. He would always try to encourage me to do better and be myself. However, we both argued over our views. The class valedictorian was like Professor X. His aims were to bring unity among Americans and Asians. In my case, I wanted to follow Magneto's destructive path of attaining East Asian supremacy. That was before I suddenly had my on-off desire to be considered American because I hated the Filipino subject. Then that desire did nearly return in College during the SARS outbreak. I remembered comparing the SARS virus to the Legacy Virus. Now, I'm comparing the COVID-19 to the Legacy Virus as well.

In the episode "Time Fugitives" - it's really as if the fictional episodes "predicted" what would happen in the U.S. today. Consider the whole fact that in the recent irony in the U.S. - Asian-Americans are in the frontline. It's just like how the X-Men are in the frontline together like the Avengers. Take note that some of the X-Men are also part-time Avengers. I'd say every good American represents the Avengers. Every good Asian-American may represent the X-Men. The evil white American may represent the Red Skull. The evil Asian-Americans may represent the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Back to that episode - consider how mutants were wrongly blamed for the spread of the virus which Apocalypse sought to start a dangerous war. Apocalypse wants to clear the world of both human and mutant filth (which are the weaker ones) while only letting the strong survive. In the comics, Stryfe probably intended for the Legacy Virus to leak to weed out the week from the strong.

At this point, my head is flung back into the past due to this weird coincidence, huh? 

Comments