Time Flies Fast - Reiko Chiba Hits 45 Last January, Amy Jo Johnson Hits 50 Today

 

Time flies fast, right? Granted, Reiko Chiba is five years younger than Amy Jo Johnson so she turned 45 last January. Now, Amy Jo Johnson hit 50. That's a milestone now, isn't it? It was also interesting how Amy Jo and Reiko met each other a few years ago. For me, having checked Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger out and I don't find Reiko's character, Mei, as hot as Kimberly. However, Zyuranger has had more substance actually with how it had a definite start and a definite end - a contrast to how Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers just overextended with two more seasons and ended with a very hanging ending that led to Power Rangers Zeo. Then Zyuranger became Shout! Factory first Super Sentai DVD release though I wonder when will Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger get licensed? 

So, I thought about the two birthday milestones they shared. I felt that, until now, maybe Mighty Morphin' should've just ended as planned, but no, Toei Ltd. gave in to the greed and filmed the Zyu2 footage for Haim Saban. I felt Amy Jo did the right thing for herself to leave the set to focus on a new career. At least, Reiko was able to find her path to whatever she wanted since Zyuranger ended as planned. Yup, I felt that Mighty Morphin' should've just wrapped things up as planned - just one reason why I personally dislike Power Rangers. 

What's also weird is that next year - Lisa Komaki will become a 70-year old beauty. This photo really shows that aging doesn't always equal ugly. She's a beautiful grandmother though I think she doesn't want to show photos of her family life for obvious reasons. Both Amy Jo and Reiko have aged rather well. Though, I'm still stuck with my personal opinion that Kimberly is hotter than any Super Sentai or Power Rangers girl. Recently, I think that maybe Zoey from Power Rangers Beast Morphers is that attractive that I've ditched off both Gia and Emma from Power Rangers Megaforce like hot potatoes. 

Anyway, it's time to celebrate milestones of one's childhood, right? 

Comments