The "Conan The Adventurer" Toy Line


One of the coolest toys back then was the Conan the Adventurer toyline by Hasbro. Back then, I had NO IDEA that the Conan the Barbarian movie wasn't for children. I could remember being the selective toy collector. I ended up having both Conan and Wrath-Amon. The Conan action figure's string is now broken but I keep it around for a reason.

What was amazing was that there was more than one Conan toy - Conan the Adventurer (which had Needle the Phoenix), Warrior Conan (which felt like a throwback to the adult movie), Ninja Conan, and Conan the Explorer. There was also Zula, and Greywolf. The bad guys had Wrath-Amon and Skullkur in the toyline. There were also the battle stallions which featured Conan and Wrath-Amon.

For me, I was thinking at how the toyline was somewhat impressive. Though, I remembered watching the adult movie because of this toyline. Seeing the movie version of Thulsa Doom was a real scare. The whole movie was filled with stuff only fit for an R-18 movie. I just wonder why in hte world was a toyline and a cartoon even made based on an ADULT franchise? 

Comments