"The Goonies" Was One Incredibly Confusing, Frustrating Game

 
One of the games that I'd say that I tried playing on the 190 In 1 Famicom cartridge (a bootleg cartridge nonetheless) was called The Goonies. This is one game that I'd say really frustrated me. There was a confusing layout that the game had in the later levels. The first level felt it was a cakewalk but wait until you get FURTHER into the game. The game gets really tough with the layout. Plus, it required me to try and guess where the items to make the game easier are located WITHOUT a game guide.

The game was a big puzzle. The aim was to rescue all the Goonies. To do so, one must fight through some enemies that convert into bombs and you needed to blow up certain skull boxes. It does add some realism in that when you do get hit by the bomb - you lose a life. However, one can get shot by one of the Fratelli brothers and still have that round at the same time. Weird logic there!

So far, I couldn't get past the second level. Not surprisingly, the game isn't that long as I expected. Instead, it's as short as it can get. The difficulty level is quite frustrating. It's amazing to see someone beat this nightmare of a game. I wonder if it's a good thing (or not) that I don't have my Famicom with me anymore. 

Comments