The Psychology Of Fake Game Ads With REALLY BAD PLAYERS

If there's one thing I wish would magically disappear from ads - it's those ANNOYING bad players in the fake ads. Yes, I'm referring to ads that are found in games such as Gardenscapes and Homescapes. The players are showing signs of unusual stupidity. It's obvious common sense but the player in the ads is making A LOT OF WRONG CHOICES. There's the caption, "HARDER THAN YOU THINK." or "I'M SURE YOU CAN'T SAVE THE BOY!" type of captions.

I think this is where it works. The ads are meant to frustrate viewers. The more I view the ads, the more I say, "Can't the player do better than this?" I think it's all about what Sun Tzu says about feigning stupidity. The players get irritated and said, "I'd show these players I could do better." The next thing is that the player DOWNLOADS the game and finds out its NOTHING LIKE IT. Though, Gardenscapes and Homescapes did put the puzzles in eventually. Still, the damage has been done.

Meanwhile, I could remember playing Save the Girl. Yes, it's the game from the ads. I still think about how Save the Girl can have VERY DUMB CHOICES to finish the game. It's like how one could use a mouse to cross over gap ort to use time reverse. I did sometimes choose the worst choices in Save the Girl to see a funny failure scene. I guess I've enjoyed purposely screwing up the game to see what bad things could happen to the girl. 

Then again,  I think if one is to do this purposely failed gameplay - let the content match the real game. Don't make some frustration ads to download an entirely different game. I still think these fake game ads with bad gameplay need to be OUTLAWED like games promising money for wins. 

Comments