Time Travel in Fiction


I remembered the number of times that as a child, I wish I could use a time machine to "set things straight" now let's talk about time travel in fiction.  I am yet to write a review for "Future Cop" review for my Oriental Drama and Movies blog, so I would really talk about how messy this concept can be.  To be honest, at first I found time travel interesting but later it does develop complications like...


Past and future falling in love.  This is cliche and they never end up together as expected.  In the case of Timeranger and Time Force, it's 1,000 years apart for both the original and the adaptation!  For Timeranger and Time Force, the time travel plots weren't that complicated.  Timeranger did leave a dangler by letting Domon have a son 1,000 years ago who was later named Mirai which may have caused a timeline conflict. =P  In Future Cop, Andy Lau a guy from the future falls for Barbie Xu a girl from the present.


Somebody is messing the timelines!  In Timeranger we had Ryuya who attempted to rewrite the past so he doesn't die in the future.  In Future Cop, Andy Lau is sent back in time to stop the assassination of a scientist way back in the past.  Hmmm... all these actions would rewrite our history books.  In Timmy Turner's case of trying to rewrite Denzel Crocker's history, he failed and left a tracking device in the past which made Crocker's life even worse.


In Kamen Rider Den-O it makes everything way messy than it was in Ryuki and Timeranger.  Oh boy, this gets seriously messed up as the series goes on, no offense to those who think this series is fine.

Overall, time travel can be a good concept if done right but can be messy when not planned well.

Comments