Recalling My Painful Teenage Courtship.. But Not My Ex-Girlfriend!


If there was some girl I really got so crazy about (as a teenager) was not my ex-girlfriend but some girl I thought was so hot when she was not. I could start to write about it to maybe, at least, let go of some steam because my ex-girlfriend reminded me I am free to find another. In my case, I even wonder if I truly loved my painful teenage courtship or not. But here goes... which I would admit she was two years my junior and I really was enamored with her. I thought she was really pretty (then again, it's relative) but it was a result of underexposure. Right now, I can't even bear to look at her or to even entertain her.

Everything that happened wasn't so easy. What I can recall was that she was known for her brains. Boys wanted her because there weren't many choices. I painfully wanted her for selfish reasons. I fell in love with her at... first slap. I considered her a challenge to get because she was one of the top students in school. Perhaps I was attracted to her intelligence like I was to my so-called first crush. Again, I believe I just wanted her for selfish reasons because she would certainly be high approval material. Her mom was a close friend of my late dad, I wanted her for my wife and I was practically only a teenager facing immaturity issues.

The immaturity issues were pretty serious. I always talked about her, I talked like she was the prettiest girl I met (at least in my eyes) and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I said I'd never fall for another. Because of her being a top student, I always deteriorated myself and cried over her. I was doing poorly back then and I always had issues with my teenage love life. Not long after, I wanted to get revenge on her one way or another. I was told that I needed to wait because somebody better may come along the way. Maybe it was just not time.

It didn't take long that when I heard my real first crush had grown so gorgeous, I thought, "Revenge would certainly be sweet." At the same time, I was already starting to get some success with my ex-girlfriend who probably just dated me out of sympathy or not. I started to be so desperate over her that my hatred for a classmate intensified. I was willing to kill her other suitor (who forgot about her and is now married to somebody else) just to have her. I soon got into selfish interest with her, I wanted her for selfish reasons. I probably only cried not out of concern but because... I wanted her for selfish reasons.

Not long after, I realized my mom had shunned her as a possible daughter-in-law. But by then, I had been chasing after other girls and I had properly ended my relationship with my ex-girlfriend. Although my ex-girlfriend and me remained friends, she reminded me how other girls may get hurt because of my selfishness. All I can say was that courtship was just a result of immaturity.

Comments