My Great Wall of China Experience!


Back in Summer of 2007, I remembered going to a family trip to China but I haven't gone to Fujian where my ancestors came from.  The places I can remember are Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing.  Speaking of Beijing, I remembered how our tour guide warned us about the appearance of swindlers in the Forbidden City area so remember, DO NOT ENTERTAIN anybody who just sells you anything.  Now for my experience at the Great Wall of China which there was once that lie it can be seen on the moon which is NOT true.

Remembering the dark history behind the Great Wall, it was built by slaves of the first Emperor of China who is known as Qin Shi Huang.  In spite of its dark history, today it has become a tourist spot due to the magnificent architecture which according to some is worth 30 or more pyramids.  The whole place was a mountainous retreat from the rather busy traffic of Beijing.  The whole scenery is truly breathtaking to behold.

The higher you go, the more scenic the view goes and good thing that the place was well maintained. I decided to actually give climbing up the Great Wall of China a try.  The climbing experience involved a lot of steps to the finish line and fortunately, there were places where I could take a pause, drink some lukewarm water and continue going up until I reached the finish line.  By the time I reached the finish line, I'll admit I had to change my shirt after I went down.  It was a real experience to really climb one of the biggest structures of the world.

Comments