Still Feel Naomi Scott Should've Been In Journey To The West Instead

I was watching Aladdin's trailers and honestly -- I just can't take Naomi Scott as Jasmine all too easily though I may give the movie a shot. I still find it weird why a half-Indian, half-British lady (whose Indian features are more prominent) is playing an Arabian princess. Then again, isn't it easy to mistake one for the other? I've done that many times in mistaking Indians with Arabians due to similarities.

Interacting with Abu? She's better suited countering Sun Wukong's mischief and guiding the pilgrims in the Journey to the West. Riding a flying carpet with Aladdin? She's better suited to have a flying lotus throne while she hears all the sorrows of the world.

Just my rather weird opinion on her current role. 

Comments