My Odd Preferences Of Japanese Entertainment Over Korean Entertaiment, Korean Food Over Japanese Food


I don't really deny that I tend to be more of a guy who enjoys Japanese entertainment over Korean entertainment (though that seems to shift now in the area of TV dramas). However, I do end up enjoying Korean food more than Japanese food. I used to enjoy Japanese food (a lot) aside from Chinese food and Filipino food. I got into Indian food and Middle Eastern food. Then I thought about getting into Korean food due to my love for strong flavors.

So why did I end up liking Korean food over Japanese food? I find most Japanese food to be kind of bland. Korean food? Well, there's simplicity and the deliciousness. Take for example some of the Korean beef soups like ox bone soup, ox head soup, and ox knee soup. I thought the process was that complex due to the slow process. You can imagine the need to soak the beef in cold water for that long. However, the ingredients are usually some salt, pepper, green onions, and garlic while they are slow-cooked. Some Japanese foods are more complex like the tonkotsu. I do like tonkotsu while I still like the Korean beef soups better.

It can be said I do have odd preferences. It's just like how I often tend to prefer most old school Super Sentai over the new school while the opposite applies to Kamen Rider. I also like a lot of old music better but couldn't really enjoy some old school movies too. For me, it's trying to make the best of almost everything around me in my preferences.

Comments