Remembering The Hummer Team Bootleggers


Ever remembered the NES era when the dying NES was facing off against higher systems such as the Super NES, the first Playstation, the Sega systems, and many more. I was just a naive person who thought that the Super Mario World cartridge I had on the NES back then was by Nintendo. Boy, was I in for a rude awakening when I rented a Super NES back then. I never had the system so I ended up using emulators, as a result, to play then. Lately, I've had bad blood with Nintendo due to their extreme policy against fan games unlike what Sega did. Maybe, it's because Sega finally let me have pieces of my missing childhood when they stopped making game consoles and focused on making games for consoles. I never thought that the game was produced by the Taiwanese bootleg team Hummer which I think may have been sacked for copyright infringement.


Who can remember this AWFUL bootleg of the great classic Super Mario World? I was wondering did Nintendo have other reasons and not just Yoshi as to why the real deal wasn't made on the NES? My theory is that Yoshi was just that "poor excuse" while they had real valid excuses. A more valid excuse should be that they were planning a MASSIVE game so it can't fit on the NES. I mean, Adventure Island 2 and 3 were both able to let Higgins ride on MULTIPLE dinosaurs, right? Either way, the bootleggers did work on Yoshi but it was a glitch, a really bad physics game with very wonky controls.


There was this really bad bootleg of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers which really is a desecration of the Super NES game. I remembered playing this back when I was still enjoying the franchise before I watched more Super Sentai. This game is just terrible. It makes that rather lackluster Zyuranger NES game looks like a masterpiece. At least, the Zyuranger game was legit. It really has the bad music present in almost every bootleg. I wonder how Toei Ltd. and Saban must have reacted to this real copyright infringement of a violation!


You also had the bootleg Mortal Kombat cartridges. Who can remember these games that really had repetitive fighters (in some versions), a midget Shokan warrior, weird physics, and no fatalities presumably due to cartridge issues? Yup, these games are just so much of an abomination after I played Mortal Kombat Trilogy - a game I won't bother to play after playing Mortal Kombat (2011) which I'd call MK Trilogy Improved. The games are not even worth a pick so why even bother?

Overall, it made me think I'm just glad that Hummer has probably hummed its last tune. Then again, I'm open to decent fanmade games. Just that Hummer fails in doing so. 

Comments