Toku's Like A Ghost That Never Leaves Me

It's no secret that I'm no big Toku fan. In fact, I'm just a casual fan of the franchise. But as time passed - Super Sentai started to simply no longer click with me due to other newer stuff. Kamen Rider? Well, I'm liking it better than Super Sentai now and I don't care about the old school Showa era Riders that much. Then I want to take a Toku break but guess what... it becomes like a ghost that never leaves me. That's just figuratively speaking, okay?

My love for things Japanese is just fading. It's not that I don't use Japanese stuff. Far from it. I still have Japanese appliances. I still acknowledge Japan brought in the electronic revolution. Some non-Japanese shows I watch are too obvious to be influenced by Japan. I decide to take a break from Toku with non-Japanese entertainment. Taiwanese entertainment and South Korean entertainment are my U-Turn points from Japan. I always feel like, "Screw sushi! Get some kimbap! Screw Japanese gyoza I'd get some soup dumplings!" whenever I get an overdose of Japanese.

I thought about watching some shows and there are Toku lookalikes. It's something when I was watching Lucky Days where it's almost like a fantasy J-Drama where Haruka Tateishi is matched up with Ryoma Takeuchi. K-Drama? Well, it's something to think about that Lee Seung Gi looks like Hidenori Iura and Suzy Bae looks like Maaya Uchida. Running into Toku lookalikes even when I'm not watching Toku can be something. When that happens, I can't watch the shows without thinking about Toku because of the Toku lookalikes.

Well, Super Hero Time is slowly returning. The Legacy Virus hiatus actually had me watching other stuff. Somehow, Toku still haunts me whether it's old school or new school. Then again, I haven't been watching Toku not done by Toei these days due to other new school stuff...

Comments