Choosing The Right Picture To "Pop Out" Using Photoshop

Some time ago I remembered writing about making pictures pop out using Adobe Photoshop. Now, I think I'd talk about choosing the right picture to do so. Here are some samples I could use...

Now for some "before-after" results with some pictures I worked on with simple steps.

Here's Nana's photo with the nature background. 


Now notice how the background is pushed backward and Nana is pushed forward in this popped out version. 

Here's Nana's picture running out before the popout...


Now here's Nana after the popout effect was done using Photoshop.


Here's Suzy at the cafeteria for her upcoming TV series Start Up...


Now you've noticed at how the background actually starts to form the depths too. The boss is really backward and Suzy moves forward. You can feel the customers are even moved a little more forward in this illusion. 

Hopefully, this will begin another adventure in basic Photoshop skills!

Comments