Remembering The Tagalog Dub Of "La Viuda De Blanco" During The 90s To Early 2000s


The 90s have some memories. One of them was the airing of the 144 episodes long La Viuda De Blanco which is translated as The Widow in White. The story was pretty long so I never got to get the geist of it until years later. There was the mesmerizing beauty of Columbian actress Maria Helena Doering (who's still that pretty past her prime) in the role of Alicia. Alicia's part is where she was wrongly accused of murdering her husband and found to be innocent sometime later, her custody battle with Dona Perfecta (acted by Consuelo Luzardo) for her twin sons, and her sudden romance with her brother-in-law Diego (Osvaldo Rios) the leading man. 

The Columbian drama was aired on ABC-5 and later on Solar TV (which I think was owned by ABS-CBN). I didn't care too much about the cheesy dubbing done. I remembered watching it waiting for the Tagalog dub of Chojin Sentai Jetman or whatever show was next to it. I didn't really care about it that much but the plot twists and turns were there. It turns out that Amador faked his death for a reason, that his marriage with Alicia was a fake, and that Dona Perfecta was the real La Viuda De Blanco. There was also the plot of Illuminada and her con artist father. Iluminada was in love with Diego but later ends up in an affair with Amador. It's through that affair that Alicia discovers that Amador was never truly her husband, that she and Diego can be together, and Perfecta was never her mother-in-law from the start! I find the plot twists either convenient or not. I don't know if this is the format that Pinoy teleseryes follow where it doesn't get straight to the point. 

The one thing that got me the most was the theme song at the beginning. I couldn't understand a word yet I actually ended up liking the song. Do I want to rewatch all 144 episodes? No, but I really still enjoy the theme song of the show. 

Comments

  1. For me this is my favorite drama of all time. I can't remember how many times that I've watched this and still counting. Thanks to Youtube. Maria Helena Doering is a great actress for me and especially when it comes defending her twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its actually a nice show. good story, good dubbing. yes, that opening song was nice, slow burn that ends with a riff. I would not mind watching it again. ABSCBN should reboot that. Dona Perfecta Albaracin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment