The Chinese Song "When I Hear Applause" Or "Zhang Sheng Xiang Qi Lai"


I remembered another song that left an earworm with me was the song "When I Hear Applause". I had no idea what its title was back then. This song keeps getting sung in Chinese restaurants. I always wonder what the lyrics were and what they meant. 

Fortunately, here are the lyrics from Pinyin Lyrics:

Stand alone on this stage

Hear the applause

I have infinite emotion in my heart

How much youth is not there


How many feelings have changed

I still have your love

Like the first stage

Heard the first cheers


My tears can’t help but fall

How many failed

How much patience

I’m still standing here


My heart understands better when the applause sounds

Your love will be with me

My heart understands better when the applause sounds

Singing meets you and my love

No wonder it sounds so sad. It really reminiscences the time when the performance was first done by the singer. He or she recalls her one true love and how they met by singing. 

Comments