Silly Nostalgic Post: How I Felt The Megaforce Girls Unintentionally "Disappeared"

Image result for henshingrid megaforce gia emma 

Well, I want to write a weird opinion nostalgia post for the sake of it. Personally, I can't over what I'd call the Power Rangers Megaforce disaster since this year (2021) is a major anniversary for Super Sentai. It plain outright SUCKS that taste fatigue hit me this year, or are there too many shows on Netflix (and well, Power Rangers got PULLED OUT and I don't really care) to distract me. Though, I'm going to really still hammer a show that's even hammered by the Power Rangers fandom. It's perhaps the biggest anniversary disaster for Power Rangers. Sure, the girls are attractive but they just disappeared when you consider going nostalgic (watching or rewatching older shows) or going forward (shows beyond Megaforce) to actually strike a point. Yup, it just seemed these girls disappeared not because the cast was awful but because they were put in a terribly bad script. I mean, I even felt like Megaforce really ruined its franchise big time! Well, Power Rangers was already going from bad to worse with Disney's era (rushed episodes) and the Neo-Saban era's decision to be on Nickelodeon (well the network ruined plenty of MY favorites so I'm now against it) made a really bad two-year run for a show that should be just a year run! 

So, probably I might be talking about watching some older Super Sentai can make the two feel non-existent for me 

I wouldn't recommend Tensou Sentai Goseiger as the first option since I found it boring (at first). Though Goseiger did manage to really, REALLY, and I mean REALLY get vindicated because of how awful Megaforce is. There are still other viable options that I could recommend. Besides, I think the best two options would be to watch Samurai Sentai Shinkenger and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger for a start. P.S. I don't believe Power Rangers ruined Super Sentai - it simply ruined itself by not taking care of itself which is still the case even today. Though, I don't want to let Super Sentai off the hook either since there will always be some questionable entries. 

Shinkenger is what I'd call a decent show with plenty of eye candy for both genders. Male fans can have Mako and Kotoha. Female fans can have Takeru and Ryunosuke. I was thinking of the many times I tend to compare Mako to Kimberly (for fun) since both are blunt characters and had a misadventure with the blue ranger in an earlier episode. I still want to say "Nightly Tears of Sympathy" was a better rewrite of "A Different Drum" from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. I'd say that the girls of Shinkenger can easily overshadow both Emma and Gia in Megaforce. Megaforce tried to do create two Kimberlys and FAILED. Shinkenger (IMHO) managed to balance out Mei and Kimberly with Kotoha and Mako. Mako managed to become a better Kimberly throwback (though it's probably unintentional). 

Meanwhile, one could also think of how Gokaiger managed to really be the anniversary season that Megaforce can only dream of. Gokaiger has had its own level of investment such as getting as many guest characters as possible. It would help a new schooler get familiarized and choose which older Super Sentai they want to watch. Meanwhile, it also was a nice tribute to the past. I felt Megaforce trying to combine both Goseiger and Gokaiger footage created a big nasty mess. I mean, it would be a good idea to watch Gokaiger if you want to get over the mess. 

Post-2014 series that could also help contribute to their "disappearance" 

One of the dumbest reasons why I actually lost interest in Super Sentai is the lack of eye candy. Though, there was some eye candy that did get through such as Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Doubotsu Sentai Zyuohger, Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger (though I honestly don't find Hammy that attractive), and Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger. I think the girls in the next two series (Kishinryu Sentai Ryusoulger and Mashin Sentai Kiramager) aren't that attractive for me - though I'd still want to see Canalo try to hit on Sena, Sayo, and Yodonna and get badly hurt in the upcoming crossover movie. 

If there was any girl I felt made the Megaforce girls "disappear" - I felt it was Kazusa Okuyama of Lupinranger vs. Patranger last 2018. Sure, the other girls were attractive but some of them were stuck in shows I don't think highly about. I still think Ninninger and Zyuohger are no longer watchable ever since Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs. Patranger for the plot. I didn't find Kazusa that attractive (at first) though I find her prettier than Christina Masterson and Ciara Hanna combined. I felt Kazusa was that pink ranger that just made Christina "disappear".  Though she did make Ciara "disappear" for me as well though the honor goes to...

Though, I also felt that Jacqueline Scislowski also deserves some special mention even if I dislike Power Rangers. If Kazusa unintentionally made Christina "non-existent" then I felt Jacqueline did make Ciara "disappear" too. Jacqueline's appearance is both pretty and innocent-looking. I just felt Christina and Ciara looked "bitchy" the more I watched Megaforce - which I didn't bother to finish due to how underwhelming it was. I would dare say that Jacqueline is prettier than Arisa Komiya. I did decide to check out Power Rangers Beast Morphers to see if Hasbro was up to the task with the stupid reason that's Jacqueline. Like Kazusa, both Christina and Ciara feel that they just "disappeared" as well when she surfaced. That's why I got rid of all Ciara posts too. Though I feel Jacqueline is prettier also than any of the Super Sentai or Power Rangers girls during the 2000s and 2010s. Okay, get mad but that's just me! 

Meanwhile, I do feel like joking that Christina disappeared in 2018 and Ciara disappeared in 2019. No, both girls are still around - just that it felt like they disappeared. It's because Kazusa is a pink ranger and Jacqueline is a yellow ranger. Either way, I just found those two girls just became forgettable to me even before their really terrible show ended - hence why I say they "disappeared".

______

Just another silly post for the sake of it!

Comments