Hollywood and Movies Based on Video Games = Bad Mix?

Well as a critic, I thought that here's some things I thought about Hollywood and the movies based on video games.  Now here are some:

The Super Mario Movie- I really thought as a child, this movie seemed exciting on paper BUT this movie is fucking stupid.  Why?  It just doesn't feel like a Super Mario adaptation compared to the Super Mario cartoons produced by DIC.  One way or another this movie is HORRIBUFUCKUSLY stupid.  So yeah, it's pretty much where it doesn't even look kid friendly nor appealing.  So when did King Koopa start to look human huh?  In fact, it's so horrible nothing like a Super Mario adaptation that's good, it's so horrible it's so bad.

The Mortal Kombat films- I had my thought that as a Mortal Kombat fan, I began to complain about the execution.  The first film was somewhat tolerable BUT I thought that everything is so pointless just right after I played Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition's Story Mode.  There's really NO real development whatsoever and yeah why in the world are Sub-Zero and Scorpion in the film when in fact, their rivalry is not even emphasized?  Even playing through MK Shaolin Monks made me realize that the whole two films are crap and that it's good that a third film never came to place.  So the first film was good but there's too many quirks like if you know this, it was Liu Kang who defeated Goro, not Johnny Cage which would actually violate the the fact that Liu Kang became champion by defeating Goro and defended it by defeating Shang Tsung.  MK Annihilation was even worse to which is why a third movie never came to be.  In fact MK Annihilation is a poor interpretation of the MK Trilogy game and sadly, no second tournament to come.  Want a real MK film?  I suggest you buy MK9 on PS3 or XBox 360 (IF YOU HAVE ONE) and then play the story mode.

The Street Fighter film- Yup this is a really crap film.  So no Street Fighting, just a loadful of poor plot execution that never worked at all.  So my biggest complain has to be this- if they want American glory why choose GUILE of all people?  Ken Masters would have been MUCH BETTER replacement for Ryu Tendo than William Guile ever will.  So pretty much this movie is full of sucky stuff, really just doesn't fit in well.  And Guile, heck I really hated how he was done here.  It's so sucky looking at it from start to end is stupid as this film is just one poor action sequence to poor plot.  Just drop it and watch the Street Fighter II Movie Anime instead or better yet STICK TO THE GAME.

The Tekken film- Yeah it seemed exciting but as a die hard fan of Tekken, this movie SUCKED eggs.  For one, too many fight scenes, no character development.  I thought that this whole film was so sucky I guess if Jackie Chan were requested to be Lei Wulong, it's a good thing he DROPPED it entirely.  Just cameos? Just fights?  You better just watch the Tekken CGI film over this piece of trash.  For me this film was so bad Tekken Blood Vengeance which is really close to the story rocks over this.  The only thing I liked about it here was Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa acting as Heihachi Mishima.

Resident Evil films- One after the other, it really gets worse for me.  For one, I really wish they stayed faithful to the video games.  But we get just one bad movie after the other that is for Resident Evil players.  Yet there's one sequel after the other.  It might please non video gamers but not me.  So it did have five films huh?  Really I wonder why these films are still popular?

So yeah, this is proof that not everything American is superior.  I love some American stuff but not all of them.

Comments