Everything Wrong With That Super Mario World Bootleg By Hummer Team

Here's a bit of a throwback post that I felt like doing. I did previously write about the Hummer Team bootleggers. I decided to end that long childhood nightmare by playing it online, using the SAVE STATES, and deciding just how horrendous it is. I did get a PS2 "SNES Station" which is nothing more than an unofficial bootleg and managed to finish Super Mario World which had an SNES emulation of the SNES game. Well, I did beat the emulation a couple of times already with quality controls. 

I remembered thinking I had a legit copy of the game. It became my constant source of frustration I never had the real deal. I felt so bad that my parents never gave me a Super NES. However, we ended up having a Sony Playstation but I was in high school. Video games became my escapism during those irritating teenage years. I could remember how much I longed to play this game and a PS2 with that fanmade game managed to fix what I considered my "broken childhood". I did some research on the fake version and found out it wasn't legit - it was made by a PIRATE COMPANY. No wonder the game was so clunky.

I could think of how often I screamed in frustration over the game. The game had really bad controls. I guess giving you 15 lives was a good start. Another thing was that the two-player function required the second player to use the first controller. The physics is really bad. The game slowdown happens too often like waiting for Yoshi to hatch or when a vine is released from a block. Many "?" boxes are useless decorations. Even worse, there are times when hitboxes are so bad that boss fights are tediously awful. It really makes me wonder do I still want to play the completed version of the abomination?

It shows one thing - any attempt to downgrade the game for the NES is stupid. Personally, I want to have a fan game or an 8-bit Super Mario World remake complete with all the features. I think Mario Maker can accomplish that. The guys at Hummer Team just ruined childhoods. I guess even the worst of misers must be cringing over how bad the game is. Overall, the game should be AVOIDED LIKE A PLAGUE that it is. 

Comments