Skip to main content

Satirical News: Toei Ltd. Announces The Creation Of Tokusatsu Series "Shippaiman" Based On Comic Book "Sa Gitna Ng Unos"


After a Filipino staff member of Saban Brands (who did not want to disclose herself) was given a copy of "Sa Gitna Ng Unos" meaning "In the Middle of the Storm". Saban was able to get an English version of the comic strip and called it a huge pile of garbage but thought it might make a great comedy series. Saban flew off to Japan to meet Toei's CEO Noriyuki Tada and gave a copy of the comic book. With a translator at hand, Tada said that the whole comic book was a big pile of garbage but it gave him an idea.


Inspired by the event where Roxas sought to become a Kamen Rider and failed miserably, both parties agreed to name the series Shippaiman. Shippai means failure in Japanese. The story of Shippaiman takes place that a huge storm hit Akihabara. Shippaiman tries to become a superhero but his henshin powers only makes the situation worse. The main character is named Manabu Rokuda (same initials with Mar Roxas) who is a failure of a superhero. Casting decisions are still open for audition requiring the main character to be at least 50 years old to play the part. Manabu Rokuda is married to a nosy reporter named Kashiya Sano whose tactlessness causes ire to the Japanese media.

The head writer for Shippaiman is Yoshio Urasawa who was responsible for Carranger. Possible secondary writer may include Naruhisa Arakawa. Like Akibaranger, it is intended to be a short series to mock the comic, "Sa Gitna Ng Unos" for all the nonsense that it contained.

Comments

  1. Months after Shippaiman...

    Toei announces the crossover film titled "Shippaiman x B.S. Man: Continuous Disaster".
    As of this time, Yonemura Shoji will be the main writer of the story. Writer Urobuchi Gen is willing to work with Shoji to make the story even more ridiculous however he is still waiting for Toei's approval.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oolala... Laure Marsac!

I just had a thought that this is definitely one of those rarer younger Laure Marsac photos that made her look really special.  Hmmm I guess this was why she was selected to act as the victim in Interview with the Vampire.

Random Weird Rant: Vanessa Hessler's "Beauty And The Beast" Marriage With Gianni Nunnari

  Odd couples aren't exactly uncommon, right? Well, weird not because of the physical mismatch but because of the age gap. Vanessa Hessler's husband is 29 years older than she is. The marriage happened I think last 2014 or 2015 as they now have a five-year-old daughter named Catarina. I noticed she had a knack for older men such as her late boyfriend Mutassim Gadaffi who was 15 years her senior.  I think the whole stepmother-stepdaughter relationship can be weird. I think her stepdaughter Giuilla Nunnari is only in her late 20s and she's in her early 30s. Vanessa marrying a man with a daughter just like a sister feels weird. Yet, she somehow gets along with her stepdaughter. I do feel weird that somehow if you can get along with a stepchild who's just like a sibling since you're married to a person old enough to be your parent. Though I feel her marriage here is much better than if she ended up with the son of the late tyrant Muammar Gadaffi. It's nice to see th...

Saigo No Iiwake Or Last Excuse

Here's one Japanese song that I fell in love with, didn't understand a single word except for "Saigo No Iiwake" which means last excuse. Here's the English translation that I found at Kiwi Musume and man -- it's really a very sad song, isn't it?  It’s so painful pretending to be asleep now The drops that fall are tears And you’ll wait for the dawn and then go Because it’s you who’s afraid of the dark The thing that’s most precious to me has become the furthest away I knew you so well, and now it’s all a memory I think everyone likes you I’ll miss you, you don’t need to worry about that What makes it so painful Is the fact that you think you’re doing me a favour by saying goodbye You’re the closest to me, and yet the hardest to understand I loved you so much, and now it’s all an excuse The thing that’s most precious to me has become the furthest away I knew you so well, and now it’s all a memory It’s all a memory You’re the close...